Learning Support Coach
Salary — Negotiable
Location — Bromsgrove with National client visits
A high level of communication, administration and excellent customer service skills are essential within the job role of Learning Support Coach. To be proactive in adapting to learning styles and individual learning needs with the ability to create a strong working environment for learners to thrive in and progress within their qualification
As a Learning Support Coach you will be responsible for supporting learners throughout their qualification, ensuring that Information, Advice and Guidance is prevalent throughout the learner journey and supporting them with their working towards EPA inclusive of FS delivery and facilitation
Sector knowledge of current qualifications will enable you to map out learning development plans and deliver additional support to ensure that the learners embed their new knowledge into behaviours and skills in readiness for gateway assessment and EPA
A hands-on approach towards learner and personal development and experience in people and target management are all essential to this role.
- Enrol and induct candidates within InterLearn, ensuring data is collected accurately and adheres to set timescales
- Carry out Initial assessments, mark, and analyse prior to returning them to the compliance team
- Agree, design and adapt programmes/resources in your vocational area, as required – Carry out within CPD and/or annual meeting adapting as required
- Provide support using adapted teaching methods to achieve qualifications within agreed time scales
- Support and deliver Functional Skills Maths and English up to and in Level 2, and ICT where appropriate
- To also be familiar with and facilitate equipment and educational material requirements for qualifications
- Prepare material for training and/or assessment, as required and adhering to strict timelines
- Maintain individual records in both written and computer-generated database formats to support learning programmes where appropriate
- Maintain all required company documentation relating to records required for audit and inspection purposes
- Ensure all necessary stakeholders are continuously kept up to day on the progress of the programme, covering all necessary areas inclusive of –
- a) Safeguarding + Prevent
- b) Health and Safety + Risk Assessments
- c) Equality and Diversity
- d) Withdrawals
- e) Functional Skills and signposting for ALN
- f) Insufficient evidence for certification
- g) Examination information + additional needs
- To have knowledge and implement good practice of stated rules and regulations of the above, CPD workshops agreed if and when required
- Work to QCA and Awarding Body standards for all completed assessments, supporting colleagues to meet examination and assessment standards
- To carry out any other reasonable request asked of you in relation to the development of the business
- Maintain own CPD log & activities where needed assistance provided
- Provide up to date qualifications and registration where applicable to awarding body/InterLearn including the completion of actions given by IQA
- Monitor end employment success data following the completion of a learning programme within agreed timeframes
- Flexibility to travel as required
- With a strong problem-solving ability in challenging environments, whilst achieving targets within given time frames
- To have experience with various training methods, including on-the-job coaching, mentorship programs and e-learning. Experience with different projects, like management training and soft-skills development is preferred.
- 2 years minimum trainer/tutor experience preferred.
- Up to date CPD log.
- Essential knowledge of OFSTED process and requirements.
- Apprenticeship delivery
- PTTLS/EAT qualifications preferable.
- D32/33, A1 or TAQA preferred as and where required
- IAG L2 or above preferable
- Level 2 or above in Mathematics & English
- Level 2 ICT preferable
- Microsoft Word skills & proficient in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and Excel
- Sector qualifications essential (eg Management L3, L5)
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to build a rapport and professional relationship with clients
- Excellent external and internal stakeholder management and relationships
- Flexible and adaptable towards work methods